I used a dress bought at goodwill for upholstery, and padded the chair with excess carpet padding found in the studio.
This chair was pulled from the dumpster of a Marshall's in old city.
I brought the chair back to the studio in university city and began to remove the plastic upholstery.
The first phase of repurposing the chair.
The frame without any of the plastic.
This is the material leftover from the removal.
I cut down pallet crate wood, and glued it with butt joints to form the chair.
I hot glued the Wal-Mart banner in a loop, and used bass wood rods to create the inner frame for the shade. I used pallet crate wood for the base and an acryllic tube for the stand.
After dumpster diving outside of a Wal-Mart and an AC Moore, I found this banner and a mannequin. I thought to create a lamp, so I bought a $3 lamp from goodwill.
I drilled a hole through the mannequin to sink the lighting fixture in. After cutting notches for the fixture, I apoxied it in place.